March 05, 2010

Filthy rags

I thought about something the other day. I know that people who don't believe won't be able to relate to this but people who grew up in the church definitely can.

I remember in 2007 one morning I didn't read the bible and I thought that if it does not go well with me that day then I will know why. How crazy! We might not phrase it like this but it's something like because I did not fulfill my religious duty that morning being punished is understandable. ???

God does not punish us anymore as the complete punishment was placed on Jesus. The bible says in 1 John 4:18 that he who fears has not been perfected in love as fear has to do with punishment.

Besides, it's all about relationship now. I need to read the bible to discern the truth, not to be in right-standing with God. Gal 5:4: "You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace." Who are we to think that Jesus's death was not sufficient?

Maybe it was just my religious mindset I don't know. I'm actually so ashamed, but so glad that I understand grace more and more!